Tuesday, December 17, 2013

New Blog and Christmastime at Our House!

So here's the start of my new blog!  I am so excited to share with you my love of all things art and my creative endeavors with my three girls.  Being a stay-at-home mom and a homeschooler doesn't leave much time for creative pursuits, but I am trying to make time for it.  It is important for me to make it a priority because it really clears my head and I feel much less "fuzzy" if you know what I mean.  Everyone benefits if mommy gets a few creative moments every day.  Lol.

Anyway, it's Christmas at our house right now and here are a few decorations we have put up for the holidays!  This tree has been a trip and to be honest I didn't like it at first.  It is growing on me though.  We went to a cut-your-own-tree place this year.  We usually go to Lowes and get a nice full tree there, but the cut-your-own trees are a little more wispy and pokey.  This tree HURTS!  The kids didn't like decorating it at all.  But the experience of getting our own tree was priceless.  It will definitely be a treasured memory.


My haphazard mantle.


Our Advent calendar.  I first saw this on Pinterest and thought it would be a great thing to do this year.  The girls just love it!  Even the two year old asks for it every night now.  I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that there is candy in each one.  I have also included a Bible verse and a Christmas joke in each one.  

Why couldn't the Christmas tree knit?  ...because it was always dropping it's needles!  Ha!


My glitter houses I made a few years ago.  Still going strong!


No comments:

Post a Comment