Saturday, December 21, 2013

Painting Fun...

I've been painting a lot lately.  Mostly in acrylics.  I do love watercolors too, but right now I'm on an acrylic kick.  I've never enjoyed painting this much.  I am finally able to do what I've wanted to do for years.  NOT concentrate on the details.  I knew in my head that I needed to focus on the general feeling and aesthetic of the painting but I couldn't make myself not see the details.  I don't know how, but I can finally do it!  Or at least start.

Here is my latest painting.  I started it with a yellow ground and used a photograph that I took of my roses at our last house.  I miss those roses.  They made me so happy.




Here is my little art studio.  My husband is going to build me an h-frame art easel to go in it!  I can't wait!


No comments:

Post a Comment